1/4 red cabbage, roughly chopped
2 tbs turmeric powder
1 large red beet, roughly chopped
3 tbs white vinegar
hard boiled eggs
red cabbage = blue
turmeric = yellow
red beet = pink/red
dip into yellow then blue = green
dip into red then blue = purple
dip into red then yellow = orange
- Place turmeric, red cabbage and beets into their own small sauce pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain each color into separate bowls and discard or eat the solids. Add 1 tbs of white vinegar to each color. Let the color cool to room temperature.
- Now place eggs into the desired color, turning often for even coating, until your desired color is reached. The longer the egg is in the color the darker the color.
- To get additional colors, dip the egg into one color, dry off and then into another color.
- Have fun and Happy Easter!