Makes about 6 summer rolls
9 cooked shrimp, cut in half through the entire shrimp
9 butter lettuce leaves
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
Fresh cilantro leaves
6 rice paper wrappers
Ingredients for Almond Sauce
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one rice paper wrapper at a time into the water for a few seconds until it becomes soft and pliable. Place it on a wet clean counter top or cutting board.
- Lay a piece of lettuce on the bottom third of the rice paper, leaving some space at the sides for folding.
- Layer cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, and a few cilantro leaves on top.
- Arrange three of the halved shrimp above the vegetables in a single layer.
- Start rolling the summer rolls by starting from the bottom, roll until the rice paper covers the veggies and then fold each side and tightly roll up the rice paper until it forms a neat roll. Repeat this process for the remaining ingredients.
- For the almond sauce, combine almond butter, coconut aminos, lime juice, honey, grated ginger, and sesame oil. Whisk together until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more warm water if needed.
- Serve the shrimp summer rolls with the almond sauce on the side.